Thursday 24 January 2013

SPAGHETTI!

SPAGHETTI!

Janine gave Fats and I some vials of Nail Art products that she picked up at the dollars store.  There were both tall and smaller vials in the package and she suggested to me, at the time that she thought that they would make nice pasta canisters, and she was right.
The above is the finished one, and here is how I did it...
These are filled with tiny hearts that are intended for finger nails.  They can be used  for other things as well, decorating mini cakes and cookies and Christmas ornaments, etc.



Empty the jar and save the contents for another project.


This was a 'find'!  In Wal-mart in the international food section, was this package of vermicelli from Pakistan.  I have never seen noodles as fine as these and for 97 cents per pack, how could I loose?  I broke off a tiny bit and slid it into the jar.  I did not over fill it as I wanted the pasta to not present a totally solid finish.  I wanted the pasta to be visible individually while inside the canister.



Initially, I was going to re-use the original plug, but that is exactly what it looked like;  a Plug so I needed a different solution.  Tacks are cheap and cheerful and the circumference was just right for the jars.

Remove the stem with pliers.



get ready to glue the lid onto the jar with......????

This glue is great for almost anything as you know if you  have been following any of the previous posts.  I purchase mine also at Wal-mart but you can probably find it elsewhere too.  If you have something else to hand that works for you, by all means use it.  This is just a particular favorite of mine.  I used a label from a magazine ad to finish this project and had I been less impatient, I would have photocopied it many times over because I really like the way it presents itself.  But I'll call it DONE.  I think that if you can't find this angel hair pasta then try a flat linguine noodle to represent lasagna.  Have fun and enjoy your....

SPAGHETTI!!





























17 comments:

  1. Yes...got home with your great gift. My own pasta jar! So inspired to make more...but wouldn't you know it, no thumb tacks and it was late at night so what do you do? I need a trip to the $$$$ store. Yet again....oh dear!
    Thank you for sharing and congrats on 40 followers. We love your stuff!
    fas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fats, You be careful going to the dollar store! You are notorious for going in to look and coming out with bagfuls of neat stuff. And you are always sharing and generously giving to both your friends and to the M.C.B.C. club members. You are the 'detective ' of our threesome. Able to search and rescue potential mini potential possibilities.
      Guess what Fi ? Fats has my keen eye beat !

      elizabeth

      Delete
  2. Hi Elizabeth,
    The pasta is perfect scale.Thankyou for my jar. Two thumbs up for the photos...... But, do you have shares in that "unnamed " glue?
    Ciao for. Ow.
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janine, I should have!!! hahahaI it is like the movie" My Big Fat Greek Wedding," where the girls father used Windex for Everything from cleaning to disinfecting wounds! That's me and my Quick-Grip!

      elizabeth

      Delete
  3. Thanks Fats: You and your dollar stores! You get the BEST stuff at which ever one you go to. You have shared some of your booty with me and I know that the Miniature Club of B.C. also gets the benefit of your great finds. I look forward to your finished jars, you always have a wonderful interpretation of things.

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work again Elizabeth! You must have such a keen eye for useful things.

    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fi, I Do think that I have a keen eye, and that is the excuse I give myself to over-indulge and pick up all kinds of stuff that I really don't need and often forget about and then can't find, in the time I actually need it. My,Keen Eye then spots something else that I MUST have. Results/ useful things over-load and often duplicated. I need to train my over-keen eyes to just say "No"sometimes. It turned out that I already had tacks after I bought some more.
      Oh well, who can't use 160 tacks?
      elizabeth




      Delete
  5. Hace unos meses yo realicé unos botes de spaguettis similares, pero me quedo con tu idea, me parece genial, además es más sencillo. Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eva Yes this way IS Easy, but the cans that you mentioned also sound very interesting! I would love to hear more about it and I will be checking out your blog soon. Thanks for becoming a new follower. KIsses to you too!

      elizabeth

      Delete
  6. Hello Elizabet,
    That looks great! the pasta is just perfect and I thinkt he cap was a great idea. This is really well done and it's great to see a pasta container with pasta to scale.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Giac, This was a real simple but effective tutorial. I like that it is quick and easy and the fact that everything was accessible makes it even better. I've never seen pasta this fine before so I hope it is not a 'one off' thing. Who would want to make pasta from clay when one package of the real thing would last for years.!?
      big hug back!
      elizabeth

      Delete
  7. Great idea! They're perfect for spaghetti. I also have found these vials.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  8. These vials are Really good and the price is right! I hope that you will be able to get the pasta to fill them with, Fabiloa. Keep in touch.
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be in the Dollar Store tomorrow - looking for these vials, and the fine pasta, and whatever other treasures I can find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Janet! YOU GO GIRL!!!!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great tutorial. Thank you for sharing! I love spaghetti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Nina! I am delighted that you have enjoyed this tutorial and I very much appreciate it, that you have left me a comment to say so! That makes me happy... and I am glad that you love spaghetti!!!!
    I do too!


    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

DO OVERS! a Glencroft Living room redecoration

    Back in April of 2022, I made up a storyline for my Glencroft renovations, which went something like this...   "After due considera...