I recently decided that I needed MORE COLOR for the front garden entry of #43 Green Dolphin Street
|Here is the front entry from my last post "Miracle Grow."|
I feel that it is looking a bit dull for early summer
| This is how the front entry is looking now!|
Often after I've published a post about a project that I have technically labeled as "finished", I will keep re-examining the photos of that said project, especially if I feel somewhat dissatisfied with what I am viewing. I don't always know why or what is actually bugging me, but if I am constantly re-visiting a photo with a question in my mind, ("what's wrong with this picture?") then chances are, that I will sooner or later, be changing something.
Most recently, the photos of the front garden walk from my last post "Miracle Grow", were not doing it for me. I knew that for an English Garden, the front walk, was lacking some significant color.
|this is what the product looks like out of the package|
|The Soapwort, Switch grass, and Moss with the Alyssum|
|the flower centers, had just the texture that I needed|
|I clipped the stamens from the plastic stems|
initially I was going to use them as mounds.
|But then I saw that the fibers could easily be peeled away from the plastic head.|
|so here is what it looked like- |
Big Fuzzy Yellow Caterpillars.
I needed them to look more like Moss so this is what I did...
|I used some Super hold hair spray as the adhesive and sprayed some of it onto waxed paper.|
|I divided the hairy yellow stamens and dipped them into the puddle of hairspray.|
|This artificial turf is fine enough for moss all on its own, but also works well when it is mixed in with other materials. For this project I sprinkled it directly onto the fuzzy wet stamens and then worked it down into the fibers with a toothpick.|
|This toned down the yellow and gave it more realism.|
My new Irish Moss
|I applied foam glue to the back of the clump and installed onto the steps|
| I have the tendency to "polka dot" plant in my Real Life garden, which is a bad habit that I am trying to correct. To me, gardens look better when the plants are grouped together en-masse, rather than "a little here and a little there". I made a conscious effort to group the miniature plants closer together. |
I had to make myself do it.
My objective for the front walk was for it to look not only colorful, but lush and full, rather than disjointed and spotty.
|So I added even more homemade Irish Moss than I had originally planned. I filled in the gaps which of course, gave the front entry |
|for the tiny flowers, I grated some wax crayons|
|I lightly sprayed the moss with hair spray and sprinkled the shavings onto the top. Some stuck but most didn't.|
|I brushed off the excess|
|and this is the result|
|More color and much better!|
|the original paper template|
|the paper correction fluid|
|the paper garden tools in progress|
|Tai the cat has settled himself in the sun, where he surveys the entire front garden walk.|
Both Tai and I agree, that this path is now
Full of Color!
| which for me is practically|
To all of my
and to those of
always a pleasure
to have all of you here,
come again soon!