Wednesday 20 February 2013

MINWORKS,GARDEN,WORKS!

A quick hello to everyone and a special treat that is free to all and goes down good!  My dear friend Janine whom most know as being the proud owner of a most marvelous blog,  MINWORKS, has just completed the vegetable plot of her unbelievably beautiful courtyard garden!  While Janine designed and planned the features, Bruce her faithful sidekick and adoring husband,( who is incredibly handy with his hands and with a camera,)  has built the side garden as a removable and independent addition.  It can be easily lifted off or on as needed with ingenious sliding supports to allow for stability.  Bruce's latest contributions have been the new kitchen door to the garden, a light over the door, the construction of the stone walls and the gates leading into it.  It looks fantastic!  Janine has now dressed the garden to look inhabited and reflect the other passion of her life,( next to her family) and that is gardening.  She is a real life gardener and all the knowledge and the skills that she has in abundance is reflected in the most desirable of mini gardens, where the chores are confined to picking ripe pears in the sun and shooing away drunken bees lolling in the lavender and Cleo the cat, who is where ever Janine is and insists upon being included in the action.  Bruce has made this little garden a sun catcher, by the way he took the photos, and the wheelbarrow is currently abandoned while he and Janine go inside for a bite of lunch only to return soon and continue the garden tidy up.  The garden is detailed  down to the last bit of gravel and undrained water in the fountain, and no paving stone is left unturned to enable each visitor the luxury of picturing themselves lazing the days away on the lounge by the clematis, somewhere in Provence!

elizabeth
www.minworks.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing that, Elizabeth. She's on my reading list, I saw she had blogged today. I had to go to the library and I'm late with my reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in for a treat, Lucille!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Elizabeth. The garden is amazing and it is great how Janine and Bruce work together. Certainly a standard to aspire to in miniatures. I love both your blogs and it is great how you support encourage and promote each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Janine and Bruce are becoming quite a famous working couple, as famous as Tracy and Hepburn , Rogers and Astaire and Taylor and Burton!( to name but a few) They are a COUPLE OF DYNAMOS in real life as in minis, and the beauty of it all is that they really do work TOGETHER! There are times when the 3 of us brainstorm and sort through something that is a bit of a puzzle, but the 2 of them together are the perfect compliment to each other in every way! I greatly admire them BOTH and Bruce has been so very willing to coach me with the camera on his own time which was such a blessing to me. I am not the best student, however, but , let;s just say ... I try. We are all very good friends and have been for a many many years and I thank God for them both. It is lovely to have the kind of friendship and support that they have freely given to me. It is a RARE and PRECIOUS thing to be treasured for sure. Thanks Sharee, for your comment and the compliment towards my friends.

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

DO OVERS! a Glencroft Living room redecoration

    Back in April of 2022, I made up a storyline for my Glencroft renovations, which went something like this...   "After due considera...