Monday 28 January 2013

toys, Toys,TOYS!

A monkey by Todd Kruger and one knitted by Janine's friend and neighbor, Pearl.

I've decided to show you the collection of dolls and toys that I have been collecting for an ongoing project called "TEDDY'S BIRTHDAY".  I started this a long time ago and it has been sitting 1/2 done and staring me in the face as I await more inspiration.  (Where is it, I wonder???)  This assortment is full of memories for me as quite a few bears that started my collection were by a M.C.B.C. club member by the name of Mona Samerow.   She was famous within the club for her bear abundance and she was always an enthusiastic and energetic club participant.  

This is another over view of the collection.  The little girl doll is a Marie France Beglan  doll that is very expressive and a prize addition to my collection.  I'm not keen on most adult dolls in my doll's houses but I love children and am always on the look out for the ones that could be included in this project.

 I have made some doll prams to sell at the show this year. This is one of them. ( Photo a bit fuzzy, sorry)


These are some porcelain dolls by the Canadian doll artist Jean  Day.  Jean no longer makes them but now has a blog where she specializes in Printies and mini books etc. I am so glad that I have these for my collection.  The little rabbit is by me, many moons ago.


Here is another Jean Day child doll 'playing' with another  pram by me.   I made only 6  as  they were a lot of work but fun never the less.  Maybe I'll do more but right now I don't even want to think about it.

All of these dolls are also from my workroom, sitting in a baby carry all basket by Janine.  Sometimes  I make sooo much of a type of thing then I'm saturated and I don't do any more for a very long time.  I use to sell these doll's at a Miniature store almost 20 years ago and these are the last of them.  They were pretty easy to do, come to think of it.  Maybe it is time to try them again?

The rabbit is by another Canadian by the name of Robin Brewer who was a club member until she moved to Vancouver Island.  She scaled down her full sized crafting into miniatures and this is what she came up with.  I think it is adorable !  To the right is rabbit that Janine made in a workshop of mine and the rabbit behind is of unknown origins.  

My favorite bears!  They are all from the U. S. and I wish I could tell you their makers  but too many years have elapsed and I was not very good about keeping records.  The bear in the blue hat is by me though, THAT MUCH I do recall! hahah


I purchased these two felted toys from another Canadian artist from the Westcoast Dollhouse Show and Sale last June.  The artist is Christine O'Neil of 'Fantiny Critters' . She has a web page and last year was her first time at the show and there was a crowd around her table all the time and she not only had the toys but also the supplies so that you could make your own.  Janine and I were glued to the spot and it was sooo difficult to chose which was the cutest because all of the critters had Personality Plus!  I started with the bear and ended with the cute little cat that you see on the chair below.  Christine is coming back to the show this year, so I'm certain that these 2 will eventually have company.
 

Finally another lovely doll by Canadian Jean Day.  She has had a busy day playing with all the toys she has been surrounded with.  She deserves a little rest.  Shhhhhh! We'll just tip-toe out now.....bye


19 comments:

  1. These toys are fabulous! Especially the dolls.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for dolls Fabiola. I have a large "collection" of dolls on my Pinterest as well. They fascinate me. Thanks for your comment !

      elizabeth

      Delete
  2. Hi Elizabeth, your collection looks FAB! The Todd Kruger monkey is too cute for words. gr. AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi AM I would agree, that little monkey IS a cutie! It also has very long legs that stick straight out and prevent it from sitting anywhere but on the floor. Thankfully, it does not have a long tail which would mean that it would have to have a room of it's own! hahha. Take care and thanks for your comment, AM
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again Am, I had some problems with my computer that my daughter had to help me correct so that
    is why there are the 2 deleted comments above. I am still a novice with this machine and often hit the wrong key and then I'm stuck! God has blessed me with a Techy Daughter, Yay!
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a remarkable collection you have!Dolls and teddies are so cute! The pram seems to be very original but photos are not clear. Have you made many prams ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine, my reply to you, got bumped 5 paragraphs below? I don't know what I did????

      Delete
  8. Hello Elizabeth,
    What an incredible collection! Every toy is just beautiful. you really choose wonderful miniatures and of the highest quality. I REALLY hope your inspiration comes back because I cannot wait to see this project take shape. I could spend hours looking at these wonderful pictures!
    Big hug my friend,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Giac, Thank you for the comment and the compliment! I try to choose pieces that make me happy and make me smile ( As you pointed out in a previous comment! ) My intentions were to have this project finished by June , it is such a small cottage but, in my usual fashion, I stop/go and stop. I look at the progress that you and AM have made on your posts and I shamefully have to say it is more LAZINESS than it is lack of inspiration. I hate doing the 'hard' stuff.( Woodwork and anything that requires measuring! ) I rather than just decorate. There my friend is the actual truth. (sigh)
      big hug back
      elizabeth

      Delete
  9. Hi Elizabeth! Your collection of chairs, dressers, cushions, dolls, and teddy bears is so special! It seems you have gathered enough to last a lifetime of projects. I want to thank you for the tutorials on cooking pots and the little pasta container. I have bought the small nail art containers at my dollar store. They are not quite like yours but I think they will do when I get around to doing them. I have also ordered from Amazon some books by Patricia King and Andrea Barham. I have recently purchased some fabric to do the beds and will work on them when I have a minute. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucille you are sooo right! There is a Lifetime of projects just using what I have NOW! ( so why do I need anymore?) Yet, I WANT more! There is just so many talented people in this world and they do such fantastic work that I want to have a piece( or 2 of).... it never ends does it? Meanwhile, YOU have just been 'going to town', by the sounds of it Lucille. I am glad to hear that the 2 books are still available. I looked up the book you mentioned and they had the entire book,page by page on a Pinterest site!!! I look forward to the results of the fabric purchases and the nail art containers. I am delighted to find that you are having fun and making progress towards getting your Edwardian Bed dressed. Well done!
      elizabeth

      Delete
  10. Hello Catherine, Would you believe that nearly all of this collection is destined for ONE tiny cottage? I have only made 6 prams but I have materials for another 6. I shall see how these sell at the miniature show before I commit to more. I'm sorry about the photos, you are RIGHT they are not clear. I am still struggling with the camera. I keep hitting the wrong buttons on both it and the computer and then calling on my daughter, who is not as 'friendly"and ready to help as she used to be. I will try to publish better photos in future. I Promise!( smiles)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CASE IN POINT, RE: HITTING THE WRONG KEY! This reply was to be posted UNDER Catherine's, but where do you find it way down below! I am really making a mess of this. 1,000 apologies to everyone for having to suffer through this! I'm still a Rookie.

      Delete
  11. Hi Elizabeth, So wonderful to see your terrific new blog, I love it! You are so inspiring too. Thank you so much for mentioning me, lovely to see the doll's again. They were always so close to my heart. It has been a long time. All the very best. Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Jean! I feel like I am talking to Royalty!!! Yours were the very first doll house dolls that I ever purchased,( back in the mid- late 80's?) I remember the first one. ( not shown in this posting,) He is a little blond- headed sleeping toddler, bare chested wearing baby blue pajama bottoms. His left arm is beneath his chest,and his knees tucked up under with his little bottom up in the air! I bought him from you because that was exactly how my infant son, slept at night and from that point on I was hooked on your dolls. So I am delighted that you now have an opportunity to become reunited with them. We have all gotten older, Jean, but your 'babies' are still the same. Thank you for joining my blog and please feel free to visit your little darlings at any time: they are always very well behaved.
    a Big/little Welcome!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cool collection of toys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for your comment Carson! ❤️ I had a lot of fun collecting them back in the day and I hope one day to be able to construct a permanent place in which to display them.

      elizabeth

      Delete

DO OVERS! a Glencroft Living room redecoration

    Back in April of 2022, I made up a storyline for my Glencroft renovations, which went something like this...   "After due considera...